We all have bad days and sometimes it feels like the day will never end nor get any better. It can feel like a cloud is raining down on us, we feel miserable and alone. The following are some of the things you can do if you are having a bad day. I hope that they help you in some way.
1. Try to stay positive and remember that, ‘with every hardship comes ease.’ Put all your trust in God and understand that whatever happens does happen for a reason. Maybe in this time of difficulty there is actually something beautiful which can be learnt and acquired. Even though you might have planned for something to happen in a particular way, we plan things but God is the best of planners so He knows what is best for us. So try to SMILE!
2. Reflect on your day and the specific events and try to understand why the day turned so bad. What could you have done differently? After you come to some terms of understanding, accept the situation and try to move on.
3. Even though it might have been a bad day, try your best to find at least 2 things that were good about your day. They can be simple subtle moments that in the midst of your bad mood made you smile. Try to focus on these.
4. Talk to someone because we are social beings and sharing our experiences with people gives us comfort and relief. As well, it is through talking to others that we realize that perhaps we are not alone and there are others who have similar experiences.
5. Always look forward to the next day and pray that it will be better. We all have bad days but we should remember that every day is like a new beginning so tomorrow can always be better!