- Shahadah (Testament) – There is no God, but Allah and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is his messenger.
- Salaat (Prayer) – There are 5 prayers in a day that must be performed.
- Saum (Fasting) – Fasting in the month of Ramadan.
- Zakaat (Sharing of Wealth) – An annual donation of 2.5% of one’s accumulated wealth.
- Hajj (Pilgrimage) – Performing a pilgrimage once in a lifetime in the month of Dhul-Hajjah (if can be afforded).
For our non-Muslim readers, have you ever wondered what specific actions a Muslim must commit to? Well, at the core of a Muslim’s beliefs are five essential pillars; actions that must be done. These are essentially the barebones of Islam. So, what are they?
And there you have it, the very basics of the actions Islam demands.
*Opinions presented in the articles may not reflect the opinions held by Keeping it Halal. They are the opinions of the author.
*No content may be reproduced or altered without the express written permission of the KIH executive body.
Comments that contain foul language and/or are a personal attack/s towards the author will be deleted. Constructive criticism towards the article is welcome.
Articles by Keeping it Halal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.keepingithalal.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.keepingithalal.com/contact-us.html.