-Felt or cardstock (Or you know those business cards that random sales people drop off at your door- you can use that too ;) )
-Magnet (I bought my pack at the Dollar Store)
-String (I used yarn that I found lying around)
-Pencil/ Pen (or stick from your backyard)
-Googly eyes (optional)
So here we go:
1. Cut out fish shapes using your felt or cardstock
2. If you have googly eyes, you can glue them on to your fish
3. Stick paper clips through it (see image above)
4. Tie one end of the string to the pen/ pencil for fishing rod
5. Tie the other end of the string to a magnet
6. Fish away!
I like to throw my "fish" in a plastic tub and add some non-metal stuff too. When they try fishing the non-metal stuff (like plastic pen caps, beads, etc), they might want to know why that can't.
Remember, there's no right or wrong way to a craft or a game. It's what your children enjoy. If they enjoy the process of making it, then feel free to add more details on the fish.
P.S: If you liked this game idea, consider sharing it others. Because sharing is caring :)
Hafsa Taher is the founder of HafsaCreates.com - Her motto is "Pray, Love, Craft". When she is not crafting or playing with her niece and nephew, she is Pinterest-ing her next DIY! Check out her website here: HafsaCreates.com